Ductless Mini Splits by Carrier-Toshiba
A duct-free system, also known as a “split” air conditioner system, is made up of or includes two components: an indoor unit to deliver conditioned air to the room, and an outdoor unit located outside of the house. Compact refrigerant lines run between the two units, eliminating the need for bulky ductwork. Duct-free systems are ideal for older homes that have no ductwork, room additions, or areas in homes that just never seem to be the right temperature or are never comfortable.
Carrier-Toshiba duct-free systems are available in a range of sizes and styles–including systems that can heat and cool multiple rooms with a single outdoor unit to fit almost any need. The indoor units are available in many different types to fit with the look and feel of your home.
CUSTOMIZED COMFORT…FOR LESS
Whether you’re creating a quiet, comfort controlled room, or simply want to heat or cool an area without expensive ductwork, Carrier-Toshiba’s duct-free systems set a new standard for efficiency, great looks and comfort.
Duct-free systems are much simpler and economical to install because they only have three basic parts: an outdoor condensing unit, an indoor unit, and the components that connect the two.
Duct-free systems are ideal for home or office additions, to replace unsightly window units, and for renovations or retro-fits where it’s important to preserve the building’s original appearance.
CARRIER-TOSHIBA’S CUTTING-EDGE FEATURES
- Reduced energy costs. You can cut your cooling bill with Carrier-Toshiba’s energy-efficient technology. Look for our Inverter Air Conditioners featuring high-performance variable-speed compressors and our dual compressor technology.
- Cleaner, healthier air. Plasma air purifying technology ensures cleaner, fresher air.
- Better air circulation. Computer controlled louvers and fan speeds minimize temperature differences in the room.
- High-speed cooling. Quickly cools warm rooms down to a comfortable temperature.
- Built to last. The exclusive anti-corrosion coating helps keep your system running like new for years.
THE BENEFITS OF DUCT-FREE
- Fast installation – With no costly ductwork, duct-free systems can be installed in places where conventional ducted systems simply can’t go.
- Incredibly quiet – Indoor units operate at just 26 dB (the level of softly rustling leaves!).
- Custom temperature control – It’s easy to precisely maintain the temperature in each room.
- Attractive design – Choose from a wide variety of elegant looks to enhance any interior decor.
- Self-cleaning coils in the indoor unit for easier maintenance
- Many modes included, controlled through wireless remote: Cooling, Heating, Dehumidifying, Fan, Auto, Auto Sleep, Defrost
- Chaos Wind electronically controls fan speeds to create a more natural flow of air; Jet Cool operates at high fan speeds for 30 minutes to quickly cool down a room
- Operates down to 14°F in cooling mode
- Low sound operation for both the indoor and outdoor units
- Allows refrigerant piping lengths up to 49 feet, and elevation difference up to 23 feet
- R410A refrigerant